Monday, October 12, 2009

A bit of photography with a touch of love for nature...

I thought i would post some of the interesting pictures that my wife takes, she is so fond of taking pictures. Ever since i knew my self, i thought i am good at taking photographs until i start seeing what my wife takes from the same camera i use. I am no where near her. Alright, Alright i know what you guys thinking.... but that's not what i meant, i am just comparing the photos i take and she takes, not what the world takes and what my wife takes... :) they were pretty amazing looking. She just used my old Sony Ericcson K750i  Two Megapixel mobile phone camera to take all these pictures. They were taken in my home garden, mostly in the mornings. Just take a look at them and make a comment if you can so i know what others also thinking.


This is one of my favorites of all time, it's just a normal desia flower which my mom planted in the garden, well she has taken a photograph of it, so i think it is really nice, sometimes i put this as a wallpaper. believe me people, i tried doing this a million times before and i never came even close this good. i know plenty of you who are reading this post can do much better than this, but i am comparing my self, again not the world. :)



This is a kind of sad photograph for us, because the cat that is in the picture is not with us anymore. He has gone out in the rainy season of 2008 and never came back. Well, we found him on the road one day back in 2006 and he never grew much larger at all. My wife named him "Kaluwae" which means "Blackie" in english. She named him after a local drama hero character. Well i know it's kind of funny. This was taken on the wall of my garden next to some wild orchid growth. I thought it is pretty neat enough to post in my blog. All you animal lovers might like it.


The legendary flower of all flowers i guess, the Red Rose. The most known and considered as the most beautiful in the world of flowers by many. Sometimes compared to love, sometimes compared to woman, it is been compared to many by poets, writers, artists etc. This was taken by my wife, in a one fine morning and i think it is a beautiful picture to be put on as a wallpaper. Those who are in love with rosses will like this.


My mom grows flowers and foliage plants while my wife loves to grow plants with fruits and vegetables. Well since we all live in the same house they plant in the same garden, it's a nice variety. This is from my wife's tomato plantation in my garden. The tomatoes are randomly arranged on the terrazo garden chair and then the picture was taken. Pretty nice though.


Has any of you have seen this flower before? if do that's cool because i know haven't. This plant also falls in the "Orchids" family and commonly called as "Kandyan Dancer" in sri lanka. This flower resembles the look of an authentic "Kandyan Dancer" in sri lanka. I think this is an amazing flower. Yep! Kandyan dancer is a form of dancing and a dancer that belongs to the ancient city of "Kandy" in sri lanka. I have added a picture of a kandyan dancer too. Compare and see.


This is actually a fruit plant. We call it "GasLabu" in singhalese, and commonly known as "Papaya", "PawPaw" etc. This fruit mainly features two kinds. One is the dark red sweet malayasian and the other is yellowish kind. Both look a like until split in to two. It is great as a smoothie drink. If you have never tasted "Papaya" before, whenever you get a chance, do taste it. It's really good, and works as a great gentle laxative. They grow almost in all tropical countries.



Again some orchids, this time the original purple variety. They do have their dedicated botanical names etc. But i am no botanist, i am just a small time tour guide posting some photos taken by my wife. This is from my mom's orchid rack. They looked pretty healthy and works as a eye candy. It's really hard to imagine that most of the orchids are considered as parasites. Well parasites this pretty? lol, it's a cool thing.





This is another desia flower, taken in the evening time. It's the yellow variety which grows in the ground.





We use to call this "Nosferatu", Because for some reason this reminds us of the old movie charachter. Pretty kreepy, well this is "Kaluwae" in the evening time. Some with the shadow of the dying sun of evening, this photo had a rather dark scary look. I hope you all horror fans out there will enjoy this.


What you can see to left is also kind of interesting picture. This was taken at my home sometime ago, my parents did a small time business which is running a small time garment at home. All these were strings bought to do the stitching, i guess because of nice variety in colors she has taken this picture.

That concludes the little trip to the photography world of my wife. I will go through her entire collection of photographs and post more in the future. i hope you all like it, even if you don't like please do feel free to post a comment belfore.

1 comment:

Iresha Dias said...

nice post with nice photographs...

Welcome to my little island on the vast ocean of web

I would like to welcome all of you to my blog, i hope you will enjoy your stay here. This place is all about Tourism, Motorcycles, Motorcycle touring, Movies, Photography, Games and almost everything i find in my way. If i see anything interesting i will definitely post it here in my little place on the web.